E-HORNET 2 - ( Bike Carrier )
Offers convenient vehicle mounting, user-friendly functions, heavy duty construction for carrying all bikes, including e-bikes.
The large wheel support allows stable mounting of tyres up to 4″ in size. The locking clamp is the perfect solution to attach the bike frame.
A really well designed, simple, strong and durable e-bike carrier. Very good value for your money.
- Assembly: Very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, assemble the light support with 2 more screws, install the license plate, fit the rack to the tow ball with no tools needed and you are ready to go!
- Fitting to the car: When first placed on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it.
- Holding the bike: Simply position the bike on the wheel support. Adjust the clamp position by sliding it around the vertical tubular frame to find the perfect fit with the bike frame. Clamp the frame, attach the wheels using the ratchet straps, lock the clamps.
- Lighting system: Comes with a 7-pin rectangular trailer plug for the lighting system. A 7-pin to 13-pin adapter can be purchased separately as an option.
- Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. It sits quite high on the tow ball, and the tilt function is optimised to prevent the lights from hitting the road surface, while still using the weight of the bikes to help bring the bike platform back to the level again in a controlled way.
NOTE: May not allow for tall vertical tailgates to be opened.
Carrying bikes and e-bikes:
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes.
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 4” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The lockable frame arms hold your bikes securely and can be attached to any part of the frame, or the seat post. They can be locked using the same key as the tow ball attachment system.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg, with no bike weighing more than 30kg
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls we see occasionally that do not meet standards for neck length or ball diameter.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- Sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards.
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable.
- An optional loading ramp is available separately
- Size: 127cm wide x 70cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight: 15.8kg
Click on links below for additional information:
>>> Instruction Manual
>>> Technical Data Diagram
>>> Instruction Manual